Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Painting the Outside of His Travel Trailer

Recently I went to an estate sale not too far from the discount bread store on 44th.  As I was parking, I noticed a small travel trailer that was being rehabbed.  I knew I had to take a picture of it and talk to the owner, so I rang the doorbell.

The guy rehabilitating the trailer was eager to tell me what he was doing.  He and his wife had bought the trailer for short trips intending to upgrade if they enjoyed it.  I was surprised to learn their idea of a short trip was Yellowstone as I would have considered that a long one.

They weren't going to do anything to the inside as it was in pretty good shape.  The outside needed painting, and he had perhaps half of it done.

He said that he was using enamel as it gave him the best-paint value for his money.  He didn't like latex except for the inside of a house.  He was using blue tape to mark off the contrasting color.  He said the contrasting color required two coats.

The Rehab Guy said he was using skinny rollers perhaps six inches in length, and he was very pleased with them.  He got his paint and supplies from Sherman Williams.

unpainted side

painted front and side




No comments:

Post a Comment