Monday, October 3, 2011

Recovered Love Seat by the Front Door

Earlier this summer, I went on a recover-the-outdoor-furniture binge.

First it was six cushions for one of the swings under the grape arbor, then it was two rectangle cushions - one for the arch chair near the "Hell Strip" (no water) the north and the other for the wicker papasan chair for the front patio.  Then it was the wicker love seat's turn.

I got the fabric at a local fabric shop for $6 a yard on sale (naturally).  I picked the best of the lot at the store, but when I brought it home and draped it over the lawn furniture; I wasn't happy with it.  It was too bold for The Place.

So I thought about it for a couple of days.  That is a lot of fabric to change my mind, I thought.  But I knew I wouldn't be happy with it unless I did something different.  Then I got an idea and draped it wrong-side up, and it was perfect.  It gave me the muted green I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment